Each year, tens of thousands of Chinook, Pink, Chum, and Coho salmon return to the river from which they started. The calm waters of the Nanaimo River afford you an amazing view of the salmon on the journey upriver to spawn. As you traverse the river by kayak or paddleboard, be sure to keep your head up for great views of bald eagles and many other wildlife. And before going back to shore, feel free to jump into the river and snorkel amongst the thousands of salmon. Once back on shore, feast on a light meal of fresh, local salmon, simply prepared to showcase its amazing flavour and freshness.
*Please advise us of any special dietary requirements by email or phone prior to the event.
- Local, professional, and fun guides
- Small group size, anywhere from 3-15 guests
- Equipment for all activities listed
- All meals and transfers described in the itinerary
- Transportation in our comfortable Mercedes Sprinter van
- All taxes and gratuities
- Your appetite!
- Camera (waterproof is best!)
- Comfortable shoes or sandals
- Light sweater or jacket as the weather can change quickly
- Warm clothes on some of the colder days
September, October, November
Start Time (morning): 10:00am pickup at the Bastion (98 Front Street) or Living Forest Campground (6 Maki Rd) in Nanaimo.
Start Time (afternoon): 3:00pm pickup at the Bastion (98 Front Street) or Living Forest Campground (6 Maki Rd) in Nanaimo.
* Please note that we may be able to accommodate some but not all alternative pickup locations.
Prices are per person (plus 5% tax).