Start your morning by heading underground into the deep, dark caves of Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park, a world-class cavern accessed only through guided tours. We navigate through the caves filled with beautiful crystal formations and ancient fossils as the guide teaches us about the fascinating geology and history of the caves. Next we visit Little Qualicum Falls where spectacular views await at this picturesque park filled with waterfalls, rock cliffs, shaded trails and swimming holes. Finally, we finish the day off with a tour around world-famous Cathedral Grove coastal rainforest where we walk beneath the giant ancient cedars and douglas firs before heading back to Nanaimo. An unforgettable day and a must-do for first time visitors and Vancouver Island residents alike!
* We can accommodate most allergies and dietary restrictions. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements by email or phone prior to the event.
- Informative & interactive tour led by a local
- Small group size, anywhere from 3-11 guests
- Transportation in our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles
- Complimentary chilled bottled water & tasty snacks
- Delicious lunch from a locally owned restaurant
- Commemorative group tour photo
- Equipment for all activities listed
- Runners, comfortable walking sandals or hiking shoes
- Refillable water bottle
- Sweater or jacket as the weather can change quickly and the caves are quite cool
- Cash or credit card to purchase food or beverages to take with you.
Available year round.
Start Time: 8:30am pickup at the Bastion (98 Front Street) in Nanaimo.
* Please note that we may be able to accommodate some but not all alternative pickup locations.
Prices are per person (plus 5% tax).
Local Food & Drinks;